Samana, activities and nearby places
Enjoy nature, the beach and culture
- Los Haitises National Park has amazing panoramas of calcified hills, caves and mangroves, and is the natural habitat of sea turtles and many birds.
The Cayo Levantado beaches, lined with palm trees, are just as enchanting as the beaches of Rincon Bay.
- El Limón Waterfall has a height 50 meters and is reached from cocoa plantations and mangoes.
- Boat excursions to see the humpback whales who visit us from mid-January to mid-March. They come to the waters of Samana to mate and hibernate after having crossed the ocean.
- The coastal area of the peninsula of Samaná has many places to practice scuba diving, considered as some of the best sites in the Dominican Republic.
The rich and lush natural environment of Samaná Bay is an idyllic place for hiking. Take excursions surrounded by beautiful views, spectacular cliffs and paradisiacal beaches.
- Samaná Bay has the best natural environment for you to practice fishing, a wonderful nautical experience within reach of anyone who wants to enjoy this relaxing and exciting sport.
The intrepid and adventurous travelers have in the sport of sailing an escape valve that will provide them with exciting journeys through one of the most beautiful bays in the world.
Samana's gastronomy is rich in seafood, delicately prepared for the most exquisite palates. A delicious lobster accompanied by a glass of white wine overlooking the Caribbean Sea will stop the time and fulfill the traveler with flavors eager to experience unparalleled pleasures.